The PPC campaign audit grades your pay per click campaigns based on key metrics such as Quality Score, impressions, and CTR.
Your free PPC Audit report offers an overall grade in addition to individual scores in eight key PPC metric areas:
- Wasted Spend – Wasted spend is detrimental to PPC campaigns, which is why our pay per click audit tool reviews your use of negative keywords. Negative keywords prevent you from wasting thousands of dollars per month on irrelevant keywords that don’t convert.
- Quality Score – The next item on our PPC audit checklist is Quality Score. High Quality Scores have a huge impact on your ROI, because with better Quality Scores come higher rankings and lower costs.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR) – Our PPC campaign audit measures your CTR because if your CTR is low, you could be losing ground to competitors.
- Account Activity – It’s been shown that those who spend more time in their PPC accounts see better PPC success, which is why account activity is the next metric we grade as part of our PPC audit guidelines.
- Long-Tail Keyword Optimization – Long-tail keywords, which are longer, more targeted keywords, are key in developing high-performing PPC campaigns. Long-tail keyword optimization is graded as part of our PPC audit checklist because if you’re not implementing long-tails, you’re missing out on high-intent, low-cost traffic that could be yours.
- Ad Text Optimization – The PPC audit reviews your text ad usage because your ad textgreatly affects your impressions, clicks, CTR and ad ranking.
- Landing Page Optimization – Generally, the more landing pages you have, the more targeted your messaging can be. The PPC campaign audit makes sure you have enough landing pages to match up against competitors.
- PPC Best Practices – Our PPC audit checklist includes a list of proven best practices that PPC experts follow for superior PPC performance.
WordStream’s Google Ads Performance Grader offers advertisers control over every aspect of their PPC account management from a single, intuitive dashboard interface. In addition, our comprehensive PPC audits also offer guidance on how to use advanced features such as Expanded Text Ads, as well as how to optimize your campaign to target mobile traffic.
Other PPC audit programs don’t provide the full details of what improvements should be made, but our PPC campaign audit tool shows you exactly what changes should be made and how to implement them so that your PPC campaigns perform to their full ability.